the kids

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

On Moving Up!

This will be my last post to www.radcliffe-family.blogspot.com. You can continue to follow my thoughts on www.thinkbigmuch.wordpress.com. I moved all of my posts and comments to the new site. Some comments may have not accurately re-posted on the new site... nothing personal, let me know if you see something amiss! I'm still learning here!

I started a blog to have a platform to express my thoughts and write about things that are interesting to me. I have kept journals or diaries before for this purpose, but there wasn't any incentive to write in a journal. When I blog, people can read what I wrote and write back to me - how fun! So, I started www.radcliffe-family.blogspot.com to write about what was happening in our family. I discovered quickly that I had more to write about than what was happening between the walls of our little house. When my friend Jessie started her blog, she came up with a cool name for it - I started a quest to find a cool name for my blog, too, something that would capture the essence of why I wanted a blog in the first place. A series of e-mails with friends and brainstorming sessions led me to start thinking and listening to those around me. My daughter was the inspiration for my blog name. I used to tell her, "I love you SO much." One day she said, "I love you BIG BIG BIG much, mama." From then on, when she wanted to convey something very large, she used the phrase 'big much' (I want big much crackers, I want big much milk, I don't want little bit fruit snacks - I want big much!)

I try to write things that make people think. Think Big Much seemed like a good title for my blog! Blogger.com did not allow me as much flexibility as I wanted for customizing my blog, so I have been searching for another platform. Very soon I will be writing about ways that you can follow blogs easily so you don't miss any updates posted by your favorite bloggers. One way on Wordpress is to subscribe (look to the right of my pages) so you will receive updates in your e-mail inbox. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment