the kids

Thursday, May 13, 2010

On "Mamamamama"



I have been trying to teach Baby J that calling for someone produces more favorable results than just screaming until you get attention. I've been working on resisting the temptation to even look at him when he releases his blood-curdling yelps. So tonight (a.k.a. early this morning) when the clock read but 1:37 am, and I could hear "mamamamama" gently, yet persistently wafting from his bedroom, I couldn't really ignore him, now could I?

**ADDITION**
I posted the above at 2 am. I'm also trying to work on nighttime potty training with my daughter. She does pretty well with no pull-up but when I heard her say "Mama, I gotta go pee," the clock read 3:15 am. I couldn't very well ignore her either. Then the fateful words, "Can I just sleep 'wis' you?". Sure.

I must mention that Riley heard none of this and continued to saw logs. This morning he couldn't figure out why I couldn't get out of bed. Well, I hate mornings and 5 am marked my third one for the day. Sometimes being "Mama" is like being stuck in some sort of Groundhogs Day... It just keeps starting over...

2 comments:

  1. Nor does it help that it's a cold, rainy, stay-in-bed kinda morning...the good news is there's only one more wakeup before the weekend arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a double edged sword... I've never heard anything more super fantastic in my life... yet it sucks only sleeping for 2 hours at at time..

    ReplyDelete