the kids

Friday, April 9, 2010

Bathroom Floor Gunk

When you have three kids, and two are under the age of 3, you find a lot of gunk in your house. There is gunk on the kitchen table and gunk on the high chair, and gunk on you shirt. Yesterday, as I feverishly got ready for dear daughter's birthday party, I realized there was gunk on the bathroom floor. Gross. What could that be?

I cleaned it up with a quick swipe of the cloth, but curiosity got to me. I gave it a sniff. The sweet, recognizable smell of blueberry Nutrigrain bar jarred my memory to the day before, when my sweet son was sitting in the hallway outside of the bathroom while the flurry of morning activity went on around him. He was eating part of a Nutrigrain bar offered by his big sister. Inevitably, some of that bar ended up on the bathroom floor.

I would say, from the moment of gunk discovery, through the trip down memory lane, this moment could have been quite a bit more noxious as you never know what that gunk on the bathroom floor could be...

No comments:

Post a Comment